Monday, July 31, 2006

 

Getting Started

This blog should be a good way to keep up with us. You can learn about our lives in Doha. Sometimes funny, sad, unusual, and intersting. Some of you got a journal/book that I wrote while I had no internet. Nothing necessarily real important just information. I am really slow at doing this. It has taken me over an hour to make the decisions you have to make to start this blog. I don't make these decisions fast that is for sure. They weren't hard decisions for most people, but as you know I am a bit different in that area.
Last night I was starting to cook supper. Lit the stove, which is gas and electric with an electric oven. I was using the gas burner in case you didn't figure that out yet. I put the pot of water on to boil spaghetti. I then was going to start other things while I was waiting for it to start boiling. I was going to cook some chicken so I was going to light another burner and thought I would check the pot with the water in it. I noticed the pot didn't even feel warm. I looked at the flame. No flame. I hurry and turn it off. Don't want gas in the house. I tried to light it again. Won't light. I try the other one I was going to use. It won't light either. Well, there is a good reason. In one door to the stove is a propane bottle that supplies the gas. I just asked Mike the other day how we were supposed to know when we were getting low on gas. He didn't know. I don't know how to tell when you are low on gas, but when it runs out it is definitely is out. I went out to ask the guy who works in the gate house if he was the person I was supposed to tell and sure enough he was. He asked me if I wanted him to do it now. I told him if it was convienent it would be great. I guess he thought I might want him to do it another day. Who knows? Anyway, after about 20 mintes he brought over another bottle of gas and hooked it up. It took him three tries and then he had to change the regulator. After that and two more times he got it all hooked with no leaks and put back where it goes. He mentioned something else about tonight. I thought he wanted or needed to do something else later on last night, but I guess not. Mike got home and we decided we would just go out to eat instead. He cleaned up. I put things up and we left. The guy at the gate never came back as far as we know so I guess everything is fine. It is working just fine. On high it has the biggest flame I have ever seen. I doubt I cook on high ever again. LOL! Well, that is about all that was interesting yesterday.
Mike and I are doing fine and hopefully we will try to keep adding updates and maybe some pictures every now and then. Have to learn how to do that first.
Debbie

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?