Thursday, August 31, 2006

 

Dedicated to the Howells

Today this first picture is dedicated to Rick and Pam. As you can see this picture is of a Subway. We didn't know if you have ever seen Subway written in Arabic, but now you can say you have. LOL! This Subway is located in our largest mall here. We have at least two of them. The other one we know of is not too far from our house and is located near a couple of hotels. The intersection nearest it has loads of American fast food places. They have a Dairy Queen, Arby's, Pizza Hut, TCBY, Subway, Johnny Rocket's, Chili's, and a few other places I can't think of at the moment. Oh Burger King too. I know there are more but my brain has hit overload.
Now this next picture is of a vehicle that I stopped to take a picture of because we didn't figure anyone would believe us without the picture. Here this is a very common occurance. They keep the interior covered in plastic. Just like from the plant where it was made. LOL! Now we know it isn't cooler and it doesn't matter if the interior is cloth or leather, so we have no idea why they do it. There are a few who just keep the head rests covered.

This morning I fixed party bacon. Michelle thanks for sending me my recipe. That has to be one of the most favorite recipe's we ever received from Ann Cargill. She shared that with us many years ago. We don't get real bacon here and we actually found a grocery store that imports turkey bacon. When we saw it we both said party bacon! We found the rest of the ingredients and my food processor makes great cracker crumbs, so we can now have some party bacon for a change. We were surprised when we could only find veal or beef bacon at the stores. Now we know where to get turkey bacon and that is the best for Party Bacon in our opinion.
We have only 6 more days till we start our flight home. We have lots of things to get done. Hopefully we will have bought a house soon. We are e-mailing back and forth with our realtor and Michelle is a great middle woman for us.
Mike is working his day off this week so he is thinking he might take Saturday as his day off instead. Sunday is a holiday so we may have a normal weekend. It is their independence day. Too bad they couldn't have done it on the same day as our independence day. We don't know how they celebrate it. It would be nice if they did fireworks. We could watch or maybe to go the water and watch. It sure would be pretty.
Better run for now. Need to get some things done around here. Ya'll have a great day!

Debbie
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
I like the frequent posts. See you in a week.
 
i guess you are getting used to updating regularly, it looks good
 
I like the updates too...but I have to say I am more excited that you mentioned party bacon. That is definitely a recipe I would like to have.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?