Sunday, August 27, 2006

 

Interesting signs

Friday we went out for the day. We ran across these signs when we needed to go to the restroom. This is the first time we have seen signs exactly like this. The one on the top was for the men since their normal dress is white. I got a better picture of the ladies below. It is also unusual that these were down the same hall. Usually the restrooms are far apart like one down a hall on the left side of the mall and the other one is down a hall on the right side of the mall. Really interesting how they segregate
everything. We ended up going to the store in this mall we visited for the first time. There are even more items from the states in this mall. They even had fritos. We never have seen fritos in the stores here anywhere. Of course, we have only been to 3 or 4 different malls and there must be a total of at least 10. Some are large and some are smaller. Some aren't even considered a mall in the states. Anyway, we are learning a lot. I bought a great guide of the city in the grocery store in this mall. It is called Mega Mart. We were looking in their book/magazine area and I was looking at maps because every map we have has print so small I can't read it with glasses on in the car. Too much bumping around on the roads that are under construction. Another couple shopping there were doing the same as me. The wife was looking at maps an the husband was looking at magazines and books just to read. The woman said there are better books/magazines that have more info in them on another road. The husband comes over and is going to find it. They tell me the name of it "Marhaba". I notice there is one right by me at the end of the aisle so the wife starts to show me. Meanwhile the husband comes up and shows me he found it too. They both show me it has two great maps and all kinds of things to learn in it. Where to go,what to do, eating, shopping, sporting events, history, just about everything you could want to know. They also told us this was the new one and it is updated and put out every quarter, so this is great. I will be spending time reading it a lot. If I can bring it on the plane, which I am sure I can't I would read it constantly. (Deborah, if you are reading this you will understand how excited I was to get this book/magazine.) Mike of course thinks I am crazy because of how excited I was to find something like this. I also got a large map of Doha and the country/state each on differents sides. It has every single place of any type of importance on it and pictures too. I can read the road signs and areas which is very important so you will know where you are going.
This mall is a lot more like your normal mall in the states. It is one level and has (other than a grocery store) jewelry stores, shoe stores, stores like Beall's,Dillards, baby stores, a pharmacy (normal here), the one thing they don't have in most of the malls is a food court. There are two that have that actual area that we have been to so far. They normally have a restaurant and that is about it. Guess I better end this little update for now. This is the second one for today.
Debbie Posted by Picasa

Comments:
hey
sorry we missed you skyping earlier, we got home later than usual because we went out to eat with gabe and rebecca.
skye us later tho...
 
I'm going to try to skype you this week. Things have finally slowed down a little for me. Chris, Shell and Preston are coming to visit this weekend for Labor Day. Guess you guys don't get a labor day...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?