Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Tent House

Hello everyone! Today is a nice clear day. The temperature is only 108 degrees so far today. Not bad at all. The heat index is 110 right now. That really isn't bad. Since I got here on June 1st we have had no rain, which is not unusual for most of the entire year. We have had an average heat index of 115. The largest heat index I have seen has been
a whopping 138. Now that is very uncomfortable!!!! We had that for over a week straight once. No clouds lately.
As you can see in these pictures I am sending. If you look at each picture you will notice different things with each one. In the first picture the first thing I noticed was

here is a tent house alone all by itself. Notice there are no other tents or tent houses anywhere to be seen. Nice villas in the back ground. In the second picture you will notice more things. First off there are two satellite dishes in use at the house. There is a nice front door and covered windows. You will notice in the last picture that these people have a few nice little trees. If you look on the edge of the picture where the car I am taking the picture out of and the house meet there is a window unit. They have an AIRCONDITIONER. Now I doubt they would be able to live in this little house if they didn't have it because there is no shade at all on this house. We just thought everyone needed to see this tent house. I would imagine in the winter when it gets a little cooler, not much though, they might open the windows and turn off the a/c. I wouldn't want that sand in my house, but they might not mind. LOL!
It is now one week till we leave to come home. We are going to have to start eating everything up in the frig so nothing spoils while we are gone. Make a list of things we want to bring back next time and get our reading material listed so we will no what books not to bring back next time. That really helps when you are deciding on new books when you are at the book store. Hey, Mom if you have some books to bring back to the Book Rack make sure you bring them. In case I forgot to mention on our blog that we have sold our house you are now officially informed. Now we just have to buy another one while we are there too. Not too much to do while we are home this time. We might just get bored. Ha!!! We are planning on going to see Polly and stay with Pam and Gerald since Jay's apartment will be occupied with a couple of guys for a bit of a bachelor party. I believe Danielle is going to come to Pam and Gerald's too. Mom and Pam ought to be there by then too. Hopefully we will be able to shop for me something to wear to the wedding. After that we will need to get back to Lafayette so we can get ready for the wedding. Fingers and toes to do and a haircut I hope. Mike will be done, but I really need one. Between all of that and closing on a house and buying a house and moving we don't have much planned. We do hope to work in visiting with a few friends too. Of course, we really need to visit with that wonderful grandchild of ours. We have been watching him grow and change as we talk on skype. Web cams and skype are great when you need to keep up.
I am thinking that is about all I have for now. See everyone soon!
Debbie and Mike
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
That tent house is held down by cinder blocks. And I doubt it has a floor... so sand blowing in the windows wouldn't matter.
 
UNBELIEVABLE!!
this can't be for real...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?