Monday, August 07, 2006
Your Sunday...Our Monday
Hello! Today is Monday and things are going well. I have had a busy day. It started with a call on skype from my Mom. Pam went down and installed skype on Mom's computer. Mom already bought the headset. Things were going well. Pam was ready to hook up the headphones and through trials and tribulation finally got it all done. Thank you so much, Pam!!!! Mike and I woke up around 5:00 or 5:30 this morning. Not bad at all. Mike went down to start his coffee and get his breakfast ready, which is his normal routine. I usually get up right after he leaves the room and open window curtains, make the bed and things like that. Well, this morning, Mike comes up rather quickly saying, "Your Mom is on skype." He has visited a bit and can barely hear her because I adjusted something on the sound on the computer. He goes back to his things he has to do to get ready for work. I start talking to Mom and it was great. Pam ended the call by getting on and telling me everything she had to do. Bless her heart. They are going to try headphones with a USB connection to see if they are easier for Mom or anyone to use. We want it to be easy so she can use it to call anyone she knows that has skype. She so enjoyed using it and was amazed at how easy it was. It is so nice to be able to talk to all of you that have it. And as Michelle says, "IT'S FREE!!!". The best part.
Well, it was after 10:30pm cst by the time we got off, which is 6:30am our time here. I finished checking all mail and talked to a few people by IM. I got the few dishes done, figured out supper for tonight, did all of the things I normally do upstairs of a morning, then checked on a few business things and then went to work out.
Our compound is kind of in a horse shoe shape. I believe there are 13 villas in all. There is one more in the middle of the U at the back of the compound, which is about half the size. It is 3 floors also. I am guessing it is kind of an entertainment/workout villa. It has a small in ground pool out back, the first floor is a living room with furniture of course and a tv. About a 1/3 of that floor is also a small kitchen type of area. No frig though. The second floor is about 6 work out pieces of equipment and then there are free weights too. I decided to go again this morning after telling Mom and Pam about it. It has taken me till I think today to finally to figure it all out. There are 2 treadmills and the first time I went it took me forever to figure out how to use either one of them. Here by every wall plug there is a switch that turns it off. I checked them and that didn't make them start, so I kept trying to figure it out and there is a switch at the bottom of the front of the silly machine. I finally saw it and turned it on. It finally started. I used it then for a while. Checked out another machine and it worked fine except for I couldn't adjust if to fit me. You know legs and arms things like that. Height everything. It was that way for all of them. I figured out all of them except for two. Now that was on my first visit a few weeks ago. I went today with the idea that I would try to figure out the ones I still couldn't adjust to a comfortable position. I think I got everything adjusted that I could. The only thing I can't adjust is one position on the weight machine. I just have decided not to use it. That first time I went and tried to figure things and use them for just a little bit took be over 20 minutes to figure out the few things I used. LOL! It was crazy and very frustrating. That is why I was just using the things I knew how to use right. Today I got them all figured out. I even got this sit up bench adjusted to where I can use it. It is something else. Pretty tough to use, but I did it and I could feel it in more places that my abdomine. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow, because it has been since last week that I worked out.
Mike may go out of town to work for a few days. I haven't decided to go with him or not. I will have to decide soon. It will be in Dubai. I think if he is only going to be gone a night or two I might just stay here, but we will see.
We have our flights for coming home for the wedding all taken care of now. We will be in on September 7th. We will go back on September 28th.
Today is a day you don't want to be outside. This morning early the heat index was 114. Around 9:00am it was 121. Around 2:00pm it was 124. I just checked again and the heat index is now 128. That is just about as bad as I have seen it. It is 3:15pm by the way. No way you would have cold or even cool water today. I bought some laundry detergent the other day and I made the comment to Mike that I wanted to get the cold water kind and he asked me why. I looked at him for a brief moment and said true!! We don't get cold water. It is never even cool. You could run it for an hour and it wouldn't happen.
Well, I haven't sent the link to anyone yet for this link. I am waiting for Mike to get home so we can take a picture of the two of us to put it on here. I think I have sent everyone the pictures we have taken since we have been here. If you didn't get any and want some e-mail me or comment on the blog. I will have to get used to checking the blog for comments but I am sure I will get it all done.
Well, I am about done with this for today. I am going to do a little cross stitch now. I have competed one bib for Preston and am working on another one. Michelle says it will be good timing, because Preston will start foods right after we leave to come back to Doha after the wedding. He is one big drooler so he could go through about 10 bibs in one day. I get to see that when we talk to them on skype. They have a web cam and it is great to see him growing like a weed and starting to make those baby sounds of talking. We both just love it!
Ya'll have great days!!!
Debbie
Well, it was after 10:30pm cst by the time we got off, which is 6:30am our time here. I finished checking all mail and talked to a few people by IM. I got the few dishes done, figured out supper for tonight, did all of the things I normally do upstairs of a morning, then checked on a few business things and then went to work out.
Our compound is kind of in a horse shoe shape. I believe there are 13 villas in all. There is one more in the middle of the U at the back of the compound, which is about half the size. It is 3 floors also. I am guessing it is kind of an entertainment/workout villa. It has a small in ground pool out back, the first floor is a living room with furniture of course and a tv. About a 1/3 of that floor is also a small kitchen type of area. No frig though. The second floor is about 6 work out pieces of equipment and then there are free weights too. I decided to go again this morning after telling Mom and Pam about it. It has taken me till I think today to finally to figure it all out. There are 2 treadmills and the first time I went it took me forever to figure out how to use either one of them. Here by every wall plug there is a switch that turns it off. I checked them and that didn't make them start, so I kept trying to figure it out and there is a switch at the bottom of the front of the silly machine. I finally saw it and turned it on. It finally started. I used it then for a while. Checked out another machine and it worked fine except for I couldn't adjust if to fit me. You know legs and arms things like that. Height everything. It was that way for all of them. I figured out all of them except for two. Now that was on my first visit a few weeks ago. I went today with the idea that I would try to figure out the ones I still couldn't adjust to a comfortable position. I think I got everything adjusted that I could. The only thing I can't adjust is one position on the weight machine. I just have decided not to use it. That first time I went and tried to figure things and use them for just a little bit took be over 20 minutes to figure out the few things I used. LOL! It was crazy and very frustrating. That is why I was just using the things I knew how to use right. Today I got them all figured out. I even got this sit up bench adjusted to where I can use it. It is something else. Pretty tough to use, but I did it and I could feel it in more places that my abdomine. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow, because it has been since last week that I worked out.
Mike may go out of town to work for a few days. I haven't decided to go with him or not. I will have to decide soon. It will be in Dubai. I think if he is only going to be gone a night or two I might just stay here, but we will see.
We have our flights for coming home for the wedding all taken care of now. We will be in on September 7th. We will go back on September 28th.
Today is a day you don't want to be outside. This morning early the heat index was 114. Around 9:00am it was 121. Around 2:00pm it was 124. I just checked again and the heat index is now 128. That is just about as bad as I have seen it. It is 3:15pm by the way. No way you would have cold or even cool water today. I bought some laundry detergent the other day and I made the comment to Mike that I wanted to get the cold water kind and he asked me why. I looked at him for a brief moment and said true!! We don't get cold water. It is never even cool. You could run it for an hour and it wouldn't happen.
Well, I haven't sent the link to anyone yet for this link. I am waiting for Mike to get home so we can take a picture of the two of us to put it on here. I think I have sent everyone the pictures we have taken since we have been here. If you didn't get any and want some e-mail me or comment on the blog. I will have to get used to checking the blog for comments but I am sure I will get it all done.
Well, I am about done with this for today. I am going to do a little cross stitch now. I have competed one bib for Preston and am working on another one. Michelle says it will be good timing, because Preston will start foods right after we leave to come back to Doha after the wedding. He is one big drooler so he could go through about 10 bibs in one day. I get to see that when we talk to them on skype. They have a web cam and it is great to see him growing like a weed and starting to make those baby sounds of talking. We both just love it!
Ya'll have great days!!!
Debbie
Comments:
<< Home
Woo-Hoo
First one to comment on the blog!!!
Hey, Mom good job setting this up. Where's the pic of you and dad you mentioned? Maybe you just forgot to put it on. Its really easy to edit it later and add the pic if you want. Well, its our anniversary today.....5 years (Jon would say we're getting old!) I'm attempting to make homemade cinnamon rolls for us....better run!
First one to comment on the blog!!!
Hey, Mom good job setting this up. Where's the pic of you and dad you mentioned? Maybe you just forgot to put it on. Its really easy to edit it later and add the pic if you want. Well, its our anniversary today.....5 years (Jon would say we're getting old!) I'm attempting to make homemade cinnamon rolls for us....better run!
Helloooo! I had fun with Preston today. He was so good! I gave him a hug from his grandma for you. Love your blog...I'll have to send you mine and let you check it out.
Post a Comment
<< Home
