Monday, September 04, 2006

 
Hello! Just 3 days till we are home. Yesterday we did nothing. We didn't leave the house all day long. That is the first time for that I believe. Normally when Mike is off we go somewhere. Yesterday was independence day here and it was a holiday. I think Mike really enjoyed doing nothing for a change. We are trying to eat all of the stuff out of the frig so it won't go bad while we are gone. So far we are doing pretty good. We have some left over spaghetti sauce and that is about it now. I think I might just throw some spaghetti in to cook for tonight then I won't have to worry about supper and that will be one more left over gone.

I bet you haven't seen one of these signs in the states. LOL! Sorry the picture is kind of hazy, but it was a sandy day. Mike took this one going to Ras Lafan. That is the port their boats come in to. Camel crossings are common here just like deer crossings are at home. I have never seen a camel here yet. Hopefully we will go to the camel races when we get back. The season starts in October. Same thing for the horses. And the Asian games start in December so that will be nice. Hopefully it will cool down just a bit in the next month and we will get to do more things that are outside.

Today I go to my first breakfast with the Schlumberger wives. We are going to some hotel I think. My neighbor came over and invited me to go. This is a once a month thing. Hope I like it. My neighbor must not know a stranger. She is nice. I am glad she drives so she can just take me. Well, I better get back to the laundry. I am going to start packing this afternoon after I get back from brunch. I hope this is a buffet because I can choose better that way.

Mike thinks we are going to have a hard time packing, but I am hoping not. I am sure hoping I am right on this one. We checked and are supposed to be able to carry our computers on so that will help a lot.

You guys all have a great day! I'll let you know how the breakfast or brunch goes.

Debbie
 Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?