Monday, October 30, 2006
Shopping a little
Hello! Sorry this took so long, but I have actually been fairly busy. These pictures today were taken at the souqs. Those are the local markets of old. This first one is of me
and the guy who works or owns the spice shop in the souq. He was very proud to have his picture taken. Penny is definitely a picture taker. I always have my camera in my purse, so that is why we have pictures while she and I are out and about. We don't go places real often, but it is nice when we go. There all kinds of souqs and there are tons of different stores in each one. This was an area where there were lots of spices and thing like that. There was this one tall dried leafy thing we didn't know what it was and before smelling it we asked what it was and the man said it was tobacco. I have never seen a stalk of tobacco before. Smelled just like it. The store we were in for the pictures was spices and nuts of all sorts. Some candy too. You can try anything as much as you like before you buy it. Now this is the kind of store you want to go to when you are hungry. You don't have to wait for them to get if for you either. You can just pick something up and try it. That is the way it is here. Even in the malls and stuff. Anyway, we ran a few errands and went to these souqs for a little bit. We actually only went to one souq and we went to coffee and tea stores, kitchen stores, basket weavers, fishing net tools and things like that, toys, purses, rugs and all other kinds of things. We barely touched the surface of these stores. We had to get back to doing some other errands so we left. We will go back again for sure. Penny goes back to the states in 2 weeks to visit. She is getting totally excited. Maybe Mike and I will go back while she is gone.
Well, I better wind down on this small blog. I have loads more to write about but I will do that another day. I need to get the rest of the pictures on the computer first.
Hope everyone has a great Halloween!!!!
I have another picture with Penny in it but for some reason it didn't stay on here. I'll try harder next time.
Debbie

and the guy who works or owns the spice shop in the souq. He was very proud to have his picture taken. Penny is definitely a picture taker. I always have my camera in my purse, so that is why we have pictures while she and I are out and about. We don't go places real often, but it is nice when we go. There all kinds of souqs and there are tons of different stores in each one. This was an area where there were lots of spices and thing like that. There was this one tall dried leafy thing we didn't know what it was and before smelling it we asked what it was and the man said it was tobacco. I have never seen a stalk of tobacco before. Smelled just like it. The store we were in for the pictures was spices and nuts of all sorts. Some candy too. You can try anything as much as you like before you buy it. Now this is the kind of store you want to go to when you are hungry. You don't have to wait for them to get if for you either. You can just pick something up and try it. That is the way it is here. Even in the malls and stuff. Anyway, we ran a few errands and went to these souqs for a little bit. We actually only went to one souq and we went to coffee and tea stores, kitchen stores, basket weavers, fishing net tools and things like that, toys, purses, rugs and all other kinds of things. We barely touched the surface of these stores. We had to get back to doing some other errands so we left. We will go back again for sure. Penny goes back to the states in 2 weeks to visit. She is getting totally excited. Maybe Mike and I will go back while she is gone.
Well, I better wind down on this small blog. I have loads more to write about but I will do that another day. I need to get the rest of the pictures on the computer first.
Hope everyone has a great Halloween!!!!
I have another picture with Penny in it but for some reason it didn't stay on here. I'll try harder next time.
Debbie
