Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Desert Safari Tour # 1

Ok everyone bare with me. I am going to try to get as much in these next 4 posts as I can. To do this I have to start with the last pictures and go forward for it to come out right. We met for this trip in a grocery store parking lot. Our drivers met us there too. We loaded up and headed south for about an hour. One thing I didn't get a picture of that I wish I had was about 30 to 50 camels just roaming around in a field on the side of the road. No fences or anything. If a friend in the car got the picture I will try to send it later on. Anyway, they were really cool to see like that. We got to the entrance of this area and all had one last potty stop while the drivers let some air out of the tires. We then took off to the dunes. We were the lead vehicle and we had a blast. This was one of the first major dunes we went down. There are 3 Land Cruisers up on the top because were had already come down. We went sideways on this one and in my book sideways is lots of fun. I was sitting behind the driver and that was the side of the car that was on the edge of the cliff you were going down. EXCITING!!! We got out and took pictures of everyone as they came down. As each vehicle got down everyone got out of their Land Cruisers and took
pictures. When they were all down a couple of the drivers went part way up and back down the dune so we could have fun watching and they could also have some fun while we were filming. This next picture is when we first got to the inland sea I believe. We all had to take pictures and some people walked, up and down and taking pictures of each other and different groups and things like that. Since this was the fist thing we saw after our first dunes everyone had stuff to talk about and some who weren't quite ready for the next dunes got to have a bit of a break. My neighbor was one who had never done anything like this before. Her name is
Grace and she is in this next picture. She has never ridden a roller coaster or done anything quite like the sand dunes. Grace is from India. She and her husband both came and he knew what he was getting into because he has done things like this before, but not Grace. She was nervous and scared. She did good though. We gave them a ride home after we got back and she said once was enough for her. She said she had a good time though. She also said she loved the food. We are still at the inland sea. This next picture is of Tracy and Chuck. Small world they are from Lafayette. I also know some of their relatives. Interesting, huh? We enjoyed visiting. I thought that was a good background I got with them in the picture.
Someone else was actually taking a picture of them with their camera for them, but the sea, then the dunes, then more sea and then more dunes and more sea was just something I couldn't pass up.
I hope you enjoy the next few posts from this trip. I tried to focus on the best pictures and include most of the attractions. I can' t really put videos on this because they would just come out ast still shots and they are of poorer quality. I did use one later on in the blog because you can see how the sand goes up around the bottom of the car and wheels in pictures like that. I wish we could have gotten a whole lot more pictures than we did but we got plenty. Like I said these are just the best ones in my opinion. Hope you enjoy the rest.

Mike and Debbie Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?