Sunday, November 12, 2006
Desert Safari Tour # 2
This picture is of the inland sea. We are on top of a pretty high dune taking these pictures while they cool down the vehicles by putting the hoods up. I tried to get as much of this sea in the picture as I could. I think it is just beautiful. Right out there in the middle of the desert. There are a few other places you see a little water but not too many. Those are dunes across from us in the picture too. I can' t remember the name of the inland sea, but maybe I will remember by the time I see everyone next or before I finish this. While we were looking around at this sea we could see some more vehicles coming down some dunes way on
the other side and to the left of the inland sea. You may need to enlarge the picture by double clicking on it to be able to see it. I had my camera zoomed in all the way for this picture. There are lots and lots of people out there in the dunes. You can see the water at the bottem of the picture. I wish all of the colors of the water would show up on the pictures, but they won't. I have tried many different ways to make it show up but it never happens. This next picture is out my window. You can see part of the car door. We are on the edge of a cliff. These are what you go down, either straight down or you go sideways. It is a real thrill I can tell you that. All of us in our car
had a blast. As you can see my door is on the edge of this cliff of the dune and the dark part down at the bottom is packed hard sand. After that there are little weeds and more soft sand. This one wasn't quite as fun because we went straight down and you go fairly slow when you do that. It is exciting though. Really cool how they do it too. After this dune we are on our way to more water. In the next picture if you look straight down we are on a cliff again. We are not in the cars right now. We are taking a picture of Suadi Arabia. It is on the other side of the water. You can kind of see the different colors of the water in this picture. If I look straight down at the
shoreline while I take the picture you can see tracks in the water. It is shallow for a while. Looks like they have fun in the water in their SUVs, too. I know this seems like a lot of water, but it is where we stop the most. We tried to take a lot of pictures, but it is very hard while they are driving even with a video because it is so bumpy or you are trying to stay straight with the camera upright. It is very hard not to hold on for the most part and with a camera in your hand that is kind of hard. The best place for those pictures is in the front seat, but that is hard too. Looks like this is the end of this set of pictures. I sure hope I get this right on the blog because I have had to start this from the beginning twice now. Hope you are enjoying it all.
Debbie and Mike