Sunday, November 26, 2006
Thanksgiving
Sorry this took so long, but we went fishing the day after we had our Thanksgiving meal. We did our meal and celebration on Friday not Thursday, because Mike was off on Friday. We got up and put things on to cook. I baked a cake on Thursday. Started off on Friday with putting together Mom's blueberry salad. Got it in the frig and then started on one thing after another. I baked fresh rolls from scratch without a bread maker, because mine broke. Michelle thanks for the recipes. We had a butterball turkey boneless breast. It was awesome. Praline sweet potatoes, green beans, because we couldn't get fried onions to do green bean casserole, mashed potatoes giblet gravy without the giblets. It was great! We also had Sparking peach juice or whatever it was called. It was probably my least favorite thing. It was ok but not as sweet peach as I thought it would be.
As you can see we decorated really well. We don't have many utensils or plates and stuff like that or serving dishes. We figure why, since it is just us. Oh well, poor Mike did dishes the entire time I cooked. We did ok though. It made us feel like it was a normal Thanksgiving meal being prepared. No extra people. It would have been nice if you guys would have surprised us with a visit. LOL! We got to visit with most of the kids and family either before Thanksgiving or after. We enjoyed all of our visits. Jon was kind of in a hurry because he was supposed to be over at Rachael's parents. He even took homemade dessert! Two peanutbutter pies. I must say they are a favorite of mine. Rachael went and had Thanksgiving dinner with Steve and Deborah and Nona and Papa in Bakersfield. She seemed to have a good time, because we were surprised when the day after Thanksgiving we were talking to Nonna on Skype and Rach walked in. A pleasant surprise it was!!! She even made thing to help with their cooking from what I hear. We talked to Jay and Danielle a little right before they were heading out to go to Danielle's family's, so most conversations were short but well appreciated. Visited with Mom and Pam for a little bit on Saturday and enjoyed that too. Even though we didn't get to be with everyone and in the craziness of our wonderful holidays it was the next best thing because we got to see everyone! I am guessing that by now just about everyone is back safe and sound in their own homes. Mike is back at work today and I have been cleaning the house and mainly doing laundry. We have also had rain off and on most of the day. Tomorrow is a sunny day they say and then the next day we may have a small chance for rain again. We will take whatever we can get. Things are good. The Cowboys won again. Maybe they have gotten a few things ironed out with using Romo for quarterback. Sure hope so. Just wish I could watch some of the games. I get to see the scores, so that is better than nothing. I also get to read about them on the computer too. Don't know what we would do without computers and the rest of modern technology!
Well, better get supper started. Mike will be home soon and I need to finish up the laundry. Things really take longer to dry when we have moisture in the air. Again, Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Debbie and Mike
Comments:
<< Home
Looks like you had quite a spread! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Matt, Doug, Camille and Leah. There were some cute new pics of Mr. Preston on their blog. I love that I can keep up with him while you are gone. Elaine
hey mom
sounds like you guys had the traditional meal...good job!
maybe i'll get around to our thanksgiving report soon!
love yall
sounds like you guys had the traditional meal...good job!
maybe i'll get around to our thanksgiving report soon!
love yall
The cowboys dominated. They showed clips of Romo in slow-motion and played "you're the inspiration" by Chicago. It was funny...
Post a Comment
<< Home

