Friday, November 17, 2006
Weather
Sorry no pictures this time, but I just had to share. Last night we were sitting outside waiting on our new neighbors so we could go out to eat. We have a little park bench in our little common grass area so we sat there to wait. The wind was blowing a good 13 mph and the temp was about 77 already. That is normally the low of a morning. It was so nice to just sit out there and enjoy it. I know everyone in the states is having way cooler weather than that, but compared to what we normally have it was cool and just great! A little rain would be nice now, but I don't ever count on that.
Our new neighbors got in the earlier that morning at 2am. They had nothing and I didn't know it but Andry's wife was home with nothing even to eat. I knocked on their door around 4:00pm but I don't think she ever heard me knock. It is so hard to hear inside of our houses. She may have even been taking a nap. Anyway, Mike took Andry to work and brought him home and told him we could go out to eat. He went to check with his wife and she was more than ready. We took them to Chili's, so that afterward we could walk the mall and let them get some things they wanted. The first thing she wanted was new sheets. The ones they give you here are only one sheet for the bottom and nothing for the top and they are so thin you can see through them. I laughed and told Mike the first thing she would like to get if at all possible was new sheets. He laughed, because I said the same thing when I got there. So we got them some sheets a couple of towels and then headed for the grocery store. They got some essentials and we headed home. They didn't want to put us out, but they had nothing. We told them we understood what they were going through and didn't mind at all. Told them to take their time and we could go anywhere they would like. We told them if they would like that they could go with us shopping today. Mike then got a call saying he would have to work so we told them that as soon as Mike got home if they would like we would still take them, but they may opt to go on their own. We gave them the number for the driver we used to use and told them how to get him to know where we live. I also gave them the Marhaba book that has a map and tons of information about living here. That will give them a chance to go anywhere they would like either way and they can read about where they might like to go. I felt so bad that Tita had nothing to eat all day long yesterday till we took them to supper. I don't know if that is how you spell her name or not. They are in their late 20s and will have their first anniversary in December. They are both really sweet and easy to understand. They are from Indonesia, but since they got married they have lived in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Well, I sure hope our weather holds out. The forecast I get is that it will be cool like this for about 2 more days so I am going to enjoy as best I can.
Well, I better get to work in case Mike does get home for lunch. I am going to go to the roof and enjoy some weather when I get through with the house work!
Debbie
Our new neighbors got in the earlier that morning at 2am. They had nothing and I didn't know it but Andry's wife was home with nothing even to eat. I knocked on their door around 4:00pm but I don't think she ever heard me knock. It is so hard to hear inside of our houses. She may have even been taking a nap. Anyway, Mike took Andry to work and brought him home and told him we could go out to eat. He went to check with his wife and she was more than ready. We took them to Chili's, so that afterward we could walk the mall and let them get some things they wanted. The first thing she wanted was new sheets. The ones they give you here are only one sheet for the bottom and nothing for the top and they are so thin you can see through them. I laughed and told Mike the first thing she would like to get if at all possible was new sheets. He laughed, because I said the same thing when I got there. So we got them some sheets a couple of towels and then headed for the grocery store. They got some essentials and we headed home. They didn't want to put us out, but they had nothing. We told them we understood what they were going through and didn't mind at all. Told them to take their time and we could go anywhere they would like. We told them if they would like that they could go with us shopping today. Mike then got a call saying he would have to work so we told them that as soon as Mike got home if they would like we would still take them, but they may opt to go on their own. We gave them the number for the driver we used to use and told them how to get him to know where we live. I also gave them the Marhaba book that has a map and tons of information about living here. That will give them a chance to go anywhere they would like either way and they can read about where they might like to go. I felt so bad that Tita had nothing to eat all day long yesterday till we took them to supper. I don't know if that is how you spell her name or not. They are in their late 20s and will have their first anniversary in December. They are both really sweet and easy to understand. They are from Indonesia, but since they got married they have lived in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Well, I sure hope our weather holds out. The forecast I get is that it will be cool like this for about 2 more days so I am going to enjoy as best I can.
Well, I better get to work in case Mike does get home for lunch. I am going to go to the roof and enjoy some weather when I get through with the house work!
Debbie
Comments:
<< Home
Good post! Sounds like the weather is really nice over there. It was really cold in Houston this morning!!
It was 50 this morning. Felt great...
I wish you guys had neighbors help you when you first moved there, like you're helping your neighbors.
I wish you guys had neighbors help you when you first moved there, like you're helping your neighbors.
wiah i could get on my roof and enjoy the weather. chris isn't home right now and preston is napping....hhmmmmmm
Y'all are such good neighbors! Happy belated Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Shana's.
Post a Comment
<< Home

