Sunday, December 17, 2006
Short update weather etc.
Good morning friends and neighbors! Hope this is a nice Sunday morning for al of you. Just thought I'd do a quick update.
It rained off and on all day yesterday and has been raining most of today. This morning when our day started the temperature was 67. Not too bad. I knew our weather was supposed to cool off when the rains stopped, so I was checking on everything. I looked about an hour later and the temperature had dropped. Still raining though. Now this kind of weather is great as far as I am concerned and most people here may be sending me home if I tell them that this weather is great one more time. Our temperature has dropped all day long. It is now 5pm here and the temperature is 50 and with the wind chill it feels like 37. NICE!!! I do have to say it has been a bit chilly in house most of the day. I decided it was time to cook a roast. You know heat up the house a bit. Mike will appreciate that when he gets home for sure. Having no carpet and no heater makes for a bit of chill early mornings and evenings. Back to the temp. Our low tonight was supposed to be 51 as you can see we have already gone below that. We will just have to see what it is like in the morning.
We have had dove and the sparrows eating all day long. They don't like cold weather at all. They think 59 with no breeze is cool. You can tell by looking at them. LOL! The cat we feed off and on wanted in last night. We just fed it and said no. Mike told me here I needed to say "La La" That is no here. Jon would never have made it as a child. Ask Michelle! Anyway, we now have up to 25 or 26 dove at one time. They are going to grow a lot as long as we are here. We probably buy food for them at least twice a week. I need to find a place I can buy bird seed like at Wal-Mart. A nice 25 pound bag would be nice.
I have moved furniture today. I hope Mike likes it. If not he can help me move it back later on this week. We will have to share the couch while watching tv, so that could be a draw back for him.
I got my hair cut for the first time here yesterday. It looks pretty good. The lady who cut it might have been 4 foot tall. To cut the hair on the top of my head she had to pull it up and get the amount she wanted to cut in her fingers just right and then lay it over so she could reach it. Good thing I am not tall! The chairs don't go up and down like ours do in the states. It feels much better. And they spoke great English. Mike thought she did a good job too. He didn't see it till I came out, because men can't go into the beauty shop. They have segregated places for cutting hair and all of the other beauty things you can get done. She didn't wash my hair another lady did and this girl who cut my hair only asked me two things while cutting it. One was did I want it shorter. Interesting question when you are there for a haircut and the other one was over the ear. When she was just about through with blow drying it she asked which side I parted it on and of course, it was the opposite way she did it. She also combed it all toward my face and I always want it out of my face. All I had to do was go to the car and brush it once and it was fine. If I had had a little hairspray it would have looked pretty much like normal. No comments Jon! LOL!
I also kind of hung some pictures of some of our family today. Of course, Preston has the most pictures up, but we have others too. Of course, we also have our calendars up. Mike's has our kids on it for this month and mine has Michelle, Mom, Mike, Chris, and me on it for this month. We took it at the Acadian Village last year I think. I am going to have to go through the pictures again and see if I can get some more of the rest of the family, so if you have taken a good picture of someone in the family send it on. I might print it and hang it!
Well, I better go for now! Hopefully I will have an update a little later on with a couple of pictures we have taken. Have a great day!
Debbie
It rained off and on all day yesterday and has been raining most of today. This morning when our day started the temperature was 67. Not too bad. I knew our weather was supposed to cool off when the rains stopped, so I was checking on everything. I looked about an hour later and the temperature had dropped. Still raining though. Now this kind of weather is great as far as I am concerned and most people here may be sending me home if I tell them that this weather is great one more time. Our temperature has dropped all day long. It is now 5pm here and the temperature is 50 and with the wind chill it feels like 37. NICE!!! I do have to say it has been a bit chilly in house most of the day. I decided it was time to cook a roast. You know heat up the house a bit. Mike will appreciate that when he gets home for sure. Having no carpet and no heater makes for a bit of chill early mornings and evenings. Back to the temp. Our low tonight was supposed to be 51 as you can see we have already gone below that. We will just have to see what it is like in the morning.
We have had dove and the sparrows eating all day long. They don't like cold weather at all. They think 59 with no breeze is cool. You can tell by looking at them. LOL! The cat we feed off and on wanted in last night. We just fed it and said no. Mike told me here I needed to say "La La" That is no here. Jon would never have made it as a child. Ask Michelle! Anyway, we now have up to 25 or 26 dove at one time. They are going to grow a lot as long as we are here. We probably buy food for them at least twice a week. I need to find a place I can buy bird seed like at Wal-Mart. A nice 25 pound bag would be nice.
I have moved furniture today. I hope Mike likes it. If not he can help me move it back later on this week. We will have to share the couch while watching tv, so that could be a draw back for him.
I got my hair cut for the first time here yesterday. It looks pretty good. The lady who cut it might have been 4 foot tall. To cut the hair on the top of my head she had to pull it up and get the amount she wanted to cut in her fingers just right and then lay it over so she could reach it. Good thing I am not tall! The chairs don't go up and down like ours do in the states. It feels much better. And they spoke great English. Mike thought she did a good job too. He didn't see it till I came out, because men can't go into the beauty shop. They have segregated places for cutting hair and all of the other beauty things you can get done. She didn't wash my hair another lady did and this girl who cut my hair only asked me two things while cutting it. One was did I want it shorter. Interesting question when you are there for a haircut and the other one was over the ear. When she was just about through with blow drying it she asked which side I parted it on and of course, it was the opposite way she did it. She also combed it all toward my face and I always want it out of my face. All I had to do was go to the car and brush it once and it was fine. If I had had a little hairspray it would have looked pretty much like normal. No comments Jon! LOL!
I also kind of hung some pictures of some of our family today. Of course, Preston has the most pictures up, but we have others too. Of course, we also have our calendars up. Mike's has our kids on it for this month and mine has Michelle, Mom, Mike, Chris, and me on it for this month. We took it at the Acadian Village last year I think. I am going to have to go through the pictures again and see if I can get some more of the rest of the family, so if you have taken a good picture of someone in the family send it on. I might print it and hang it!
Well, I better go for now! Hopefully I will have an update a little later on with a couple of pictures we have taken. Have a great day!
Debbie
Comments:
<< Home
I bet Mike didn,t mind sharing the couch since it is so cool there now. It will probably warm up about the time we cool down here. Love mom
haha i am just finding out that you can post comments on here...didnt know that before sounds like it has been pretty cold you need to let that cat in when it is cold i thought us kids taught yall a few things when we were growin' up....
I'm glad y'all are getting some nice cool weather now. We're supposed to get cool again by Christmas Eve, thank the Lord!
i think you should make dad do the next update if he has time...kinda would be cool to read something he wrote
but you and i know he probably wont have time with work and all so maybe on his vacation days for christmas
but you and i know he probably wont have time with work and all so maybe on his vacation days for christmas
ok mom time for a new psot....maybe some pics of your christmas feast or the SSA breakfast you went to this mornin, or maybe your cats?? i agree with jon: it would be cool for dad to help write an update. see you in a month!
Post a Comment
<< Home

