Monday, January 22, 2007

 

Potato Chips

Howdy! Our weather today has been one of my days mostly. It was warmer and I opened the house for a bit, then it was starting to cool down so I closed it up. We had .01 inches of rain last night in an off again on again THUNDERSTORM! I have never seen lightening over here, but we had it last night. We were out eating and then ran to the store to finish up getting what we didn't get earlier. Mike working his day off really can mess up an organized thing. LOL! We went to Carrefore close to us and picked up a few things. There is nothing on TV (have I mentioned that lately) and we saw lightening on our way over, but weren't sure that was exactly what we saw. We weren't really looking in the direction, but the sky lit up so we figured that's what it was. We are heading straight down the road and it looked almost like at the end of it a huge lightening bolt shot down or up whichever you like. It was sprinkling by the way. We went to the store and when we got in I told Mike it sounded just like Wal-Mart when it was raining in there. Pretty soon it was really hard, so we managed to take out time looking for the few things we wanted. Otherwise I told Mike he was going to get awefully wet while going to get the car to pick me up. LOL! The rain was about over when we went out. Just sprinkles again. After we got home we heard it a few times again.
This picture of potato chips is one I have been trying to get on a post for a long time and just kept forgetting or it would be deleted from the selection I would put on it. Go figure! Anyway, these are from the UK. I have to say there is just about no such thing as plain chips over here. Normally potato chips are with ketchup or something else. Not bbq, sour cream and onion, or anything else like we see in the states. There is only one store who gets the plain ones and the ones like in the states, that we have seen. They have Cheetos brand, Lays, Ruffels, and they all have the weird flavors. This one as you can see isn't one of the brands we have in the states, but Mike had to try it, because he thought it would be cool to have a chip that tasted like steak and onions. Well, it did taste like it, but Mike of course said it sure wasn't the same. He said they left an aweful taste in his mouth. This size of bag is about the norm for chips over here too. You go down the main chip isle and there are tons of this size bag. It isn't the tiny bag, but the next one up sort of. They have fish flavored, chicken, salsa, and I can't think of the others. They are very interesting to say the least and of course I don't try any of them. LOL!
Well, as most of you know who live south of I-10 today is a day of morning. Yes, the Saints ended up getting slaughtered. I thought they are doing ok till the safety and the score after that. In my humble opinion after that is was over and very late here. I was up with some good old indigestion and did the score board thingy that Jon and I have used before. SO now I am for Da Bears! The Colts have won enough for a little bit. I think Jay knows how I feel anyway. I like Lovie Smith too. He is a good old boy.
Hope you guys don't expect another update tomorrow, because I think I am about of things to write about. I guess I was catching up for the past month of not writing.
Anyone need a black cat? We have one that comes around to eat that I would pay for someone to have. It has to be a Tom cat, because of the meow. It is the loudest, awefulest sounding and looking thing I have every seen. He meows all night long or was. I quit feeding our favorite kitties that come to eat, because of him. The one orange and white one who gut us started feeding it came yesterday and this morning while the black one wasn't around so I fed it. Don't get upset Jon other people will keep feeding. It has stopped making such an aweful noise around our house all the time now though. The little orange one and the other except for the BLACK one have the nicest quiet meow. Hopefully if the BLACK one hasn't left before we leave to come home it will be gone before we get back.
I better go for now. Hope you enjoyed this wonderfully entertaining post today!

Debbie
Posted by Picasa

Comments:
Yes, I always enjoy your posts. You do a great job! Those chip flavors sound gross! I don't blame you for not eating them. It's so interesting to see what other cultures think tastes good.
Hope you're getting some good sleep tonight since you had to stay up and watch the Saints get trounced. Oh well, there's always next year.
 
Nice post, I would try those chips. I am going for the Colts. They have struggled all year and I like Peyton and Tony Dungy. I thought they were SuperBowl bound a few years ago before Tony Dungy's son committed suicide. Texas A&M men's basketball is #6 in the nation and I think I'm going to go to a game.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?