Sunday, January 21, 2007
Update and pictures of interest
Good morning! Today is a very pretty day. It is partly cloudy and a small chance of rain is in the forecast. I am not counting on the rain though. Day before yesterday I thought I just might freeze in the house. It was 59 outside and we had a wind chill of 43 most of the day. We also had a few showers through out the day, so it was damp also, so that didn't help. I did laundry and ironed and when not doing that I was in bed fully clothed under all fo the blankets reading a very good book. I stayed nice and warm that way. I was cooking a roast down stairs to keep some heat going in there. Right now our weather is lows in the mid to high 50s and highs in the low to mid 60s. They aren't bad days if the wind chill isn't too bad and if the sun is out.
It is Sunday and my days have been mixed up for at least a few days. Mike worked his day off this week and his half day was a whole work day too. He has been just wonderful when he comes home, because he always offers for us to go out. He knows staying in the house constantly can drive you crazy. We go out often enough so that doesn't normally happen.
This morning I have been plannings meals and making out a grocery list. I am trying not to buy too much so that we don't leave our house with loads of food in the frig. We don't want to come home to a mess if the power goes out for a long time or for some reason the power is turned off. That happened to Mike once and it was enough. Today is 2 weeks and 3 days till we fly home. Not that Mike or I either one are counting. We can't wait to see all of our family and friends. Especially to be able to play our grandson and to get to see our great nephew, Austin in person for the first time. He was born right before we had to come back to Doha, so we didn't get to see him. We have seen pictures, but that is all. He is definitely growing like a bad weed though from the pictures I have seen. We plan on having a good time while home and only doing a little business. Nothing like last time we were home. That was too much business.
I don't know how many of you remember this tent house we wrote about earlier, but we found out it is the typical room that the people here use for visiting. When people come over like of an evening to visit they gather in this tent and it has pillows and cushions in it. They all sit around and visit. We normally see them on the edge of a compound or a home. They all have walls around them and this would be at the wall with an entrance to this little room some of them are very large rooms. I believe from what I have seen it is just used for visiting, smoking and maybe drinks like tea, coffee or juice.
This next picture of the crooked buildings are hotels. They are part of the Ritz-Carlton. We don't know if they will be apartments or if they are just an annex to the hotel. Michelle I know these buildings were interesting to you, so we asked around. I am sure the inside will be normal. They look just like they did in this picture I took a few months ago. In other words they have done little to them since I put them on here the first time. I am really curious what type of outside they will have. You never know here.
We haven't done many things for entertainment here lately except for movies. The weather hasn't been the best for the zoo or anything like that till this week. Mike had to work, so we didn't get to go. We are still trying to go to the zoo as soon as we can when the weather is good.
Hopefully Mike will get in from Ras Laffan tonight early enough for us to go shop and pick up the things we need. I feel like I make loads of lists these days. I am making lists of things to do when we come home or to take home and things to bring back that we new.
Hey Jay, I have added some of the things from the recipes you shared with us last night to our shopping list. I am going to try the soup and I have come up with an idea for green bean casserole and I am going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes. Might be a big flop or a great success!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Debbie
It is Sunday and my days have been mixed up for at least a few days. Mike worked his day off this week and his half day was a whole work day too. He has been just wonderful when he comes home, because he always offers for us to go out. He knows staying in the house constantly can drive you crazy. We go out often enough so that doesn't normally happen.
This morning I have been plannings meals and making out a grocery list. I am trying not to buy too much so that we don't leave our house with loads of food in the frig. We don't want to come home to a mess if the power goes out for a long time or for some reason the power is turned off. That happened to Mike once and it was enough. Today is 2 weeks and 3 days till we fly home. Not that Mike or I either one are counting. We can't wait to see all of our family and friends. Especially to be able to play our grandson and to get to see our great nephew, Austin in person for the first time. He was born right before we had to come back to Doha, so we didn't get to see him. We have seen pictures, but that is all. He is definitely growing like a bad weed though from the pictures I have seen. We plan on having a good time while home and only doing a little business. Nothing like last time we were home. That was too much business.
I don't know how many of you remember this tent house we wrote about earlier, but we found out it is the typical room that the people here use for visiting. When people come over like of an evening to visit they gather in this tent and it has pillows and cushions in it. They all sit around and visit. We normally see them on the edge of a compound or a home. They all have walls around them and this would be at the wall with an entrance to this little room some of them are very large rooms. I believe from what I have seen it is just used for visiting, smoking and maybe drinks like tea, coffee or juice. We haven't done many things for entertainment here lately except for movies. The weather hasn't been the best for the zoo or anything like that till this week. Mike had to work, so we didn't get to go. We are still trying to go to the zoo as soon as we can when the weather is good.
Hopefully Mike will get in from Ras Laffan tonight early enough for us to go shop and pick up the things we need. I feel like I make loads of lists these days. I am making lists of things to do when we come home or to take home and things to bring back that we new.
Hey Jay, I have added some of the things from the recipes you shared with us last night to our shopping list. I am going to try the soup and I have come up with an idea for green bean casserole and I am going to try it. I'll let you know how it goes. Might be a big flop or a great success!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Debbie
Comments:
<< Home
Nice to see a new post.
Its a good thing you weren't here to see the Saints game today. It was pretty sad.
Its a good thing you weren't here to see the Saints game today. It was pretty sad.
The Saints didn't play today, I don't know what you're talking about (get it?) If you let me know when ya'll will be in Houston we have a few ideas of things to do.
I love those crooked buildings. I wonder if they designed them to look the way things look in the distance when it's really hot?
Post a Comment
<< Home

