Friday, January 19, 2007

 

We are alive!

Well, hello everyone! Long time no post. Sorry about that. I just haven't seemed to want to do it and I really didn't have many pictures. I have managed to put together a few here for this post.
This flower arrangement is of two types of orchids. Mr. Hankins would be proud. (He was an old boss who grew them.) Hani, Joe's partner gave these to me when he took us out to eat while he was here. They were just beautiful and really lasted a long time. This picture doesn't do them justice. They are fresh cut of course, and they are in what I can best discribe as a picture frame looking thing. It is only a couple of inches deep. I was more than surprised and loved them. I would love to grow them. We ate at the Four Seasons Hotel.
Next we have the snow cone stand. Jon we took this for you. You have now missed out on coming over here and opening up the first snow cone stand. This is in the Hyatt Mall right by our compound. Dad thought we should get this picture for you. I have no idea if they are any good yet. If it warms up soon and it is still there I will try one and let you know. We read the flavors and they sound like normal flavors. I don't remember reading anything exotic.

Now here we have out hunters. Last weekend the boys all went deer hunting at Joe's place. They had a great time. As you can see in this picture. They saw lots of deer and enjoyed the visit. Jay kept us up dated while there. It was so nice being kept updated. While the guys went hunting the girls and Preston went shopping. I believe they had a good time too. I don't think it was near as cold for them. LOL! As you can see in these next pictures. Here are Danielle
and Rach having a nice shake or malt or something very yummy looking. I am sure they needed a break from shopping. From what they said they had a good time and I believe you will see in these next pictures that they really did. Michelle had some birthday money to spend and I am sure the other two had some stuff they really couldn't do without. Oops!! Something happened to the other pictures I had of






shopping so I guess you won't get to see them. This next one is of Preston. I believe he is thinking, "What are they doing over there. I can't see very well from this point of view." Of course, we will never know. He is a good shopper though! What a cute kid?!! I am not prejudiced at all. In this next picture Danielle is giving this boy all he needs to be happy. FOOD!!!! He does like to eat. If you look close I think that would be an onion ring. Michelle says he
prefers table food all the time now. He is such a growing boy. Since they got back from their skiing trip he has started walking some. He is doing really well and we got to see him on the web camera. It is so nice to be able to see and talk to everyone. The night before the guys went hunting all of our kids, grandson included got in Jay's computer room and we visited on skype. It was so nice to see and talk to them all. Preston woke up just to talk to
us. NOT! He got woke up probably by all of our noise visiting. He had been in bed for the night. Here is a nice picture of the girls enjoying there long hard work from the cooking lesson Michelle gave them. The guys all love swiss steak and Michelle taught them how to cook it. They sent us a picture of the results on a plate. Kind of like on a cooking show. LOL! The green bean casserole looked great. The whole thing looked great, but the only thing I can't do over here is the green bean casserole. It looked extra good since we can't fix it here. No fried onions.
Sorry it has taken me so long to write. We have been having a pretty uneventful life for the last few weeks. We have seen a few good movies lately. We have watched everything we brought over here from the states. We will be home in February though and will need to stock up again. We can't wait to see everyone! We will have a small Christmas too, because ours just wasn't really Christmas without the family.
I'll try to do better and post another blog in a week or so.

Debbie

Comments:
Thanks for the update. The weather is cold and dreary in Houston and has been for over a week... you would love it... I am about sick of it though.
 
I agree with Jay - as much as I love rainy weather, I've about had enough of this round of it.

It was good to finally get another post from you. I know what you mean though; I hadn't been in the mood to do it either until yesterday. (So check it out)

Those orchids were beautiful! What a nice gift.

I had seen the kids' pictures on Michelle's blog but I don't think she said that she had actually given a Swiss steak cooking lesson. I would have liked to have sat in on that one myself. Y'all can keep your green bean casserole though. I'm sure it's not surprising, but I don't like it. LOL!
 
OK, Carolyn, I agree that we have had our share of cold, wet weather. I am so ready for our ground to dry up a bit.

Mom, I'm envious of your orchids.

Nice pics, where ever did you get them. :) I wouldn't say I gave a cooking lesson, but thanks for making me sound good. I did try to let them do it.

Very good post.
 
I have to agree with Carolyn and Michelle...enough rain! Great to see a new post from you. The orchids are beautiful...I love orchids. Can't wait for you to get home so we can "do lunch". Be sure to reserve some time for us...at least once. Elaine (aka NanE)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?