Saturday, February 03, 2007
Day Off!
Hello! Five days till we are home. Mike and I went to the souqs shopping yesterday. We had a good time. I am sure that will be the last time till we leave for home. We had a great breakfast at Ric's first. We then went to the fresh vegetable souq that is near our house. We got our first grapes that were seedless. That is the only place I know of that has them. I could have bought tons of them, but since we will be home soon I didn't want to get too much. We got a bit of romaine lettuce, grapes and some bananas. Oh some mint, too. After that we came home and put it all in the frig and were going to do some things around the house, because everything closes on Friday for midday prayers till about 1:30pm. Some stores don't ope till 4pm. We decided to look up what was on at the show. Good thing we did. Mike has been wanting to see "The Illusionist" and it was finally on here. Jay you were right. Great show! If you haven't seen it you are missing a good show. Of course, ours was sensored some, but not too bad. We did a little shopping in the mall the movie theater is in and then moved on to the downtown souqs. It was after dark by then and we had a good time trying not to get lost walking around in there. It is kind of like Mexico only way cleaner. The souqs are like a maze. Got the things on our list from there and went back to Ric's for a great burger for supper. No lunch. When you eat breakfast at Ric's you don't need lunch. We were not far from Ric's so I mentioned it and we never thought we would get a parking place, but it wasn't bad at all. Not for there anyway. Great American food! We then went to the grocery store by the house and when we got home it was almost 10pm. We put our stuff up and watched tv for a bit and then went to bed.
It is a beautiful Saturday morning here. I am sitting outside on our front steps. The temp is great. Nice and cool in the shade. Listening to Alabama's High Cotton. Just letting these iTunes play through Jay. (It sure takes a long time.) We have so much rain and cool weather here that everything is green and very pretty. Our gate, yard and maintenance man planted some beautiful zinnias. They are all red and outline all of the flowerbeds or patches of grass we have here. All of the flowers all over town are really pretty.
Our neighbors are taking care of a friends dogs. They are white and small to medium size. One of them doesn't like our gate dude. Barks the whole time . The other one has now walked up here by me and is licking my hand as I type. Off it goes to play with the kids. Too funny! I just hope the other one doesn't bark too much.
Our next door neighbors who were on holiday to Indonesia to see family moved the other day. I miss talking to them. They were just here a month and then on holiday for a month and were back for 3 days and finally got into a villa they were supposed to get when they first moved here. They are the ones we took around when they first got here and Andrey rode back and forth to work with Mike till he got his car.
They found out while they were on holiday that they are pregnant. 4 months. They are very happy!
Better run for now!
Debbie
It is a beautiful Saturday morning here. I am sitting outside on our front steps. The temp is great. Nice and cool in the shade. Listening to Alabama's High Cotton. Just letting these iTunes play through Jay. (It sure takes a long time.) We have so much rain and cool weather here that everything is green and very pretty. Our gate, yard and maintenance man planted some beautiful zinnias. They are all red and outline all of the flowerbeds or patches of grass we have here. All of the flowers all over town are really pretty.
Our neighbors are taking care of a friends dogs. They are white and small to medium size. One of them doesn't like our gate dude. Barks the whole time . The other one has now walked up here by me and is licking my hand as I type. Off it goes to play with the kids. Too funny! I just hope the other one doesn't bark too much.
Our next door neighbors who were on holiday to Indonesia to see family moved the other day. I miss talking to them. They were just here a month and then on holiday for a month and were back for 3 days and finally got into a villa they were supposed to get when they first moved here. They are the ones we took around when they first got here and Andrey rode back and forth to work with Mike till he got his car.
They found out while they were on holiday that they are pregnant. 4 months. They are very happy!
Better run for now!
Debbie
