Tuesday, August 14, 2007

 

Home

Here is a picture of our house. I don't know if it looks like that or not right now. I have been emptying boxes since Saturday. We unloaded the truck Friday after closing, with Gerald, Pam and Jenny's help. I am so glad they came to help. It was wonderful! Of course, we had no a/c at the time or didn't think so. Mike and I got to the house first and went in a turned the a/c back on. We turned it off the week before. Everything was running great when we left. We had one more inspector that had to come out before we closed and apparently he turned the light switch off in the attic thinking it was for the light in the attic, but it was for the a/c. The light switch for the attic in our house in on the wall right below the attic entrance. Well, we didn't find this out till Saturday around 2:30pm. We unloaded with all of the windows open in the house. There wasn't much of a breeze, but it was way cooler than what it was before we opened them. Like a/c on only NOT! Still about 30 degrees warmer than what we wanted while we were resting in between unloading. We threw all of the stuff in the garage and left for the night. We went back to Jay and Danielle's house and went to sleep pretty darn quick. We made plans to go get furniture we bought on Thursday night. We still had the huge U-haul truck, so we thought this would be a great idea. It was. They told us the one warehouse opened at 10:00am. We loaded ourselves up around 9:30am and headed out. We got there right at 10:00 and found out it opened at 9:00am. We were there till about 11:00am. We then had to go to the other location in Sugarland. This last one was in Houston. We got to that one at about noon and we were finished by a little before noon. It didn't even take an hour thank goodness. We figured it would take a lot longer since we had so much more stuff to pick up there. They had a great system and it took a whole lot less time. We went back by the apartment and I got our car and met Mike out at the house. We got it all unloaded and that is when Mike decided he needed to check out the a/c. He couldn't figure why it just didn't seem to have power, because nothing worked. It wasn't that it didn't cool. It just didn't do anything. He thought what the heck he would go check out the attic again for some reason. I was in the kitchen unloading stuff. Hotter than HOT! All of a sudden I yelled the a/c kicked on. He flipped the switch in the attic and it started. We both felt dumb, but had never had anything like that before. We were elated. It took it almost all night to get down to 73 degrees in the house. We went to bed almost comfortable and woke up freezing, because we only had a sheet on the bed. LOL! It was so nice!!!! We got up and went to Wal-Mart and spent almost 2 hours picking up things we needed including a little bit of food for the next few days while we didn't know where everything was and didn't have it unloaded. We had 3 baskets full. We went back to the house and ate and unloaded a lot of stuff. We went later in the day to Home Depot to get a few things. Finally got home and unloaded for the rest of the day. We finally got go bed around 11:30pm. We got up early Sunday morning and got back at it. Mike went to work on Monday and it only took him 30 minutes. He is trying another way home tonight, I think. Hopefully it won't take him quite so long. I spent all day yesterday getting a lot done. We worked till the cable man left around 7:30pm or so. We had tv, internet and phone when he left. Mike and I then shut down and had a wonderful hot dog and nachos for supper. We were so tired it probably could have been dirt and we would have loved it.
Well, I need to get back at this unloading. I have stuff in the washer and dryer and need to load the dishwasher againg. I have a couple more things to do upstairs and then I am going back down stairs to finish up the day.
Jay and Danielle are coming out after work and Mike is going to pick up some bbq for supper. With Jay's help we might get the couch in the house tonight. We would then have something to sit on in our living room besides my computer chair and Mike's grandmother's rocker. Good thing they are both comfortable to sit in. Although we don't sit long these days!

Hope you guys all have great days!!!

Debbie


Comments:
WOW! Sounds like you have really been busy. Glad to hear the A/C is in good working order...though a bit late. I am sure you and Mike are both thrilled to be in your own place FINALLY!!! Hope to see you soon.
 
Glad to see the picture of your house. And glad you had time for the update. Mom&Dad
 
good to hear the whole story about the AC. why do they have a switch? I've never heard of that one before.
 
I'm glad y'all are finally in your house and glad there was nothing wrong with the AC. The trouble you had with it reminded me of Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation"! Hahaha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?