Monday, September 10, 2007

 

Dog Sitting

Aren't these the two most precious lab pups you have ever seen. So sweet. Mike and I are dog sitting. Michelle, Chris and Preston are heading out for Alaska soon and we went to visit over the weekend. Michelle asked us if we would mind puppy sitting while they are in Alaska. I thought about it over night and said "Yes" They really are sweet pups. Since we were there this weekend we brought them home with us. Now this wasn't planned so our house
isn't ready for puppies. This morning I had a mattress set delivered and Wednesday we have a love seat and chest of drawers being delivered. Just trying to finish furnishing the house, so we can move on to window coverings and things like that.
They slept all the way home. Took them a little bit to get used to the different road noises and things like that, but they did just great. I got them in the back yard while Mike started unloading. I got them water and they couldn't get enough. I went in to start helping Mike and he was about through. We got our cable hooked up a week after we moved in and they still hadn't come by to bury the cable, so Mike started on that next. While he dug a slot for the cable to be slipped into the ground I played with the pups and slid the cable in and stomped the grass back down. I of course, had to stop every now and then to play with the pups. They were so excited to be outside and able to move around. There isn't anything in our yard special for them so Michelle packed up a couple of toys for them. When we got through burying the cable it was past time for their supper, so I fed them. We went in the house while they ate. We decided on our supper. Mike went and picked up supper and I went out and played with the pups. We ran all around the back yard and they had a good time. They then started playing with each other so I came back in. I called Michelle and told her how well they did and how well the night was going.
Mike got home we ate and watched the Cowboys beat the Giants. NICE!!!!! After we ate I let the pups in and played with them in the kitchen area ane watched the game too. They played really well. I took them back out one more time and let them do their business and run around the yard again a few times and they were pooped. I brought them in and they went to bed. We finished watching the game and went to bed. The pups slept all night and were ready to go when Mike came downstairs around 5:45am. He let them out. They played till I came down a few minutes later . I went outside and fed them and watered them. They were having a great time playing and I needed to get the rooms ready up stairs so I would be ready for the delivery of the mattress set.
I went up and started getting the rooms ready. We already had twin beds up in one room and were putting the queen set in the other spare room. Well, I got up there and started looking and realized I was going to move the one twin in the wrong room. We had one twin in each spare room until now. I figured wrong so I moved the twins in the larger room. Needed more room for the two twins than for the queen set. During this time I went back and forth up and down the stairs to make sure the pups were doing ok and playing. Oh yeah, we also had to cover three holes in the fence in the backyard. Mike did that too. Anyway, they were still playing good so I got everything all cleaned up in the two rooms and came down for the last time. Decided to clean the kitchen and then go out with the pups and play for a bit and then let them in for a nap and play time in the kitchen. I got the kitchen mopped and ready while watching them through the back door window. I need to let the floor dry, so I run upstairs and get the hallway cleared in about 5 minutes so the delivery guys can get in and out easily. All of a sudden I am hearing puppies crying.
I go down stairs thinking they have decided to chew on each other as they do and one couldn't get away from the other so I got check them out. Well, they had apparently decided to get under the deck where it attaches to the house. They were wedged. I called Mike to come help. They had now quit crying and Mike told me to try to get them out with food, so I hung up and tried that. Then I realized where they were exactly and I started taking out screws. Well, half of them have the tops twisted off, so that wasn't working too well. Finally I found a board that would let me almost take it totally off. It was by the larger one and I wedged it up and put the drill under it. I could pet the larger one, but still couldn't get her out. I called Mike again and told him I needed him to come help. I didn't explain very well, because he thought they couldn't breath. He hurried home and he could pull them out from the hole I made by unscrewing the board. I could not get the big one out and she wasn't ready to come out because she was now napping in the nice wet dirt. Mike got her out fairly easy and went back to work. He told me I could work on getting all of the screws back in before he got home tonight. LOL! The pups were covered in dirt, so I put them in their kennel so I could let the guys put the bed upstairs. They did that in about 10 minutes.
I was also trying to get the yard mowed. It was trash day and they have been late the since the holiday weekend. They still had not come so I left the pups in the kennel and went out to mow the back yard. I hurried out and got it done. It took 4 of the leaf bags to get it done. The trash men came about 30 minutes after I got through. Great timing. I am not doing the front, because I needed to cool off and check on the pups. Everyone was fine. It is now around 1:45pm, so we go out and let them drink, potty and let me put the screws back in the deck. We got that all done and I got a bowl that Allie, the larger pup, can't turn over now. She loves to swim her nose in it. She then has to sneeze. The smaller one Uno does the same thing only she coughs. She also puts the tennis ball in it and then chokes because it is all wet. LOL! It is time to come in so I fix it where they can stay in the kitchen and be loose, so I fix me some lunch and decide to finish up this post. They are playing now and arguing and fighting off and on. It is about time for me to move on to the next project. I suppose I will go back in the kitchen and play with them a bit and then I should iron, so I will try.
Oh, a break through I was fixing to leave the kitchen a while ago when I finished fixing my sandwich and Allie went to the door. I let them both out and they both did their business and that was a first for them here at our house. I had just been taking them out automatically after a few minutes. I hope they keep this up.
Well, that is all of the excitement for now. I'll try to update again soon. I need to get to work.

Debbie



Comments:
Omigoodness, sorry the pups tried hiding under the deck! You know how Allie likes to hide and sleep. Hope they don't pull anything too crazy again!!!
 
You are going to be busy for the next two weeks with the pups. Sounds like they are healthy and curious. When will the people want the one that is sold? See you Thursday afternoon sometime. Mom
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?