Monday, January 21, 2008

 

Parrot

Here is the latest addition to the bird family in our back yard. This guy just showed up last week. I put him in the blog then, but I have better pictures now. He is a Nanday Conure. He is a he to me, but who knows? He is very loud and comes about 3 or 4 times a day for sure. Sometimes he comes even more. My sister, Pam told me a lady she knows had about 5 that come to her feeders at her house. So maybe they do migrate. I know they have them in Pennsylvania too.
A couple of days ago a neighbor thought he would just go in the back yard to see if he could catch it. I think he saw me in the house and decided he should get out. He came to the fron door and rang the bell. Told me what he was doing. I thought maybe it was his, but he definitely said it wasn't. I told him he was pretty quick because he hangs out with the red-winged black birds and is way more skittish than he was on the first day. He left and I noticed not long after that there was a very underfed dog that looked a lot like a German Shepard type of dog. I chased it off and realized that the dude who was in the backyard must not have closed the gate. I am going to remedy that today. Anyway, just thought some of you might like to see this little guy. It was windy in some of the pictures. The best ones are taken from upstairs.
Hope you all have a great day!

Debbie

Posted by Picasa

Comments:
hmmmmm, I think your neighbor saw a free pet out there. LOL!
 
yeah, maybe he wanted to capture the creature and make a little cash money...hmmmmm. better stop those strangers from getting into your backyard.
 
do you realize according to your blog, clint doesn't exist. you need to catch up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?