Friday, January 09, 2009
Christmas
We had a very wonderful Christmas this year. We got to have my Mom the whole time everyone was here. We got to have Michelle and her family for the whole week of Christmas. That is rare and very special. We got to have Jon here for 4 days, which is rare and also very special too. Thankfully Jay and Danielle live very close and they got to take the whole week off too. I believe that is the first time in forever we got to have our whole family together for Christmas and for so long. You know Mike didn't get to come home from Doha one year either. We did it this year though.
This first picture is of Nanny rocking Preston to sleep. This was the day after they got here and he was so excited to be here, but was just so tired he couldn't stand it. Nanny was able to get him asleep quickly while we did other stuff. Thankfully he slept for a while. He is one busy little boy. You know there are Christmas trees to look at, birds the back yard, upstairs, downstairs, toys to play with, things to get into and Clint's most favorite thing was to take bows off of the packages. He had so much fun. I don't think
any of us got a picture of him doing it though. He just loved them.
This next picture is of Mom and Michelle putting the icing on the Christmas cookies. They did a great job. When Preston got up from his nap he got to put icing on some too. He did a really good job. Not sure who told Michelle to mix red and green to get purple, but she was crazy. That makes black or other
really dark color that looks like black. Preston didn't seem to mind though. Of course, I thought it was great. I was that crazy person at the time. LOL! I even convinced Michelle till she mixed it up.
One day the guys went to a gun shop. I believe it was a collector's gun shop. Mike called to tell me a cute story that happened while they
while they were there. Preston went with them and he was amazed at all of the guns there. He looked up at his Pop and said, "Can we take one home?" Now that was just too cute. Now of course, Michelle and I thought they could have told him to say that, but they all say they didn't. Needless to say the answer was no, but it was just precious. We had our Christmas eve meal at Jay and Danielle's before church services that night. It was very nice and they have more room than we do. I believe Preston could have explored for a while. We came back after church and visited for a bit and took some family photos. I don't have them though. Danielle has, of course, all of the really good pictures since she took them.
Christmas morning we opened gifts at our house. In this next picture, Danielle is opening her bag of coal from us. Mike thought the bag was
just too cute to pass up. We put a small gift of hers in it...not coal. She is too good to us. Don't you love her antlers?
We had tons of packages. I still don't know what everyone got and we were very organized or at least we started out that way. I got to see Preston open most of his gifts and Clint open a few of his gifts. I had one more picture to put on here of Jon and I opening gifts, since we sat side by side. I am so sad. I just deleted it accidentally. It has been a long blog day. Anyway, I think everyone like everything they got and then some.
Pam and Gerald went to have Christmas with Sophie and her family. We got Nate and Kristin to come for Christmas lunch and they brought some of that wonderful bread! It was really good. I almost ruined it warming it up, but not quite. Almost burned the bottom of it. We all ate and then cleaned up the dishes and by then it was almost time to head out for Moody Gardens.
We were supposed to go to Moody Gardens in Galveston on Tuesday, but we had to rearrange because of weather. Kind of funny though. We canceled on Tuesday because of rain. Decided we don't do anything on Christmas evening except for play games so we will go then. Well, as we got there the fog started rolling in and by the time we actually got to Moody Gardens to see the lights the fog was so thick we were amazed we could actually see them. Can you believe it we still had bad weather. We all had a good time anyway. I think each car load of us had a good time going down or at least we know for sure the car that Jay, Nate, Kristin and Jon were in had fun. Going and coming back. We were going to eat while in Galveston, but we decided to eat somewhere on the way home and that was a mistake. Every single place that was open had a wait of an hour or more. We ended eating at a place Nate know of as "Casa de Chisler". He jokingly said that just out of Galveston and it was the most accommodating place we came across. We ended up eating leftover or sandwiches and visiting. We had a great time.
The day after Christmas my cousins Buddy and Becky and as much of their families that could come over did. We wish Nate and Kristin had come over again, because we could have had even more people here and more fun. It was great visiting with Becky, Keith, Buddy, Luz, Sarah and Harley Man by themselves. Christmas was great!!!! We had so much family present it was great.
Well, I better end this. I asked Michelle not to update her blog till I got mine done, because so many people shame since she does her way more often. Thanks Michelle!
Debbie
This next picture is of Mom and Michelle putting the icing on the Christmas cookies. They did a great job. When Preston got up from his nap he got to put icing on some too. He did a really good job. Not sure who told Michelle to mix red and green to get purple, but she was crazy. That makes black or other
One day the guys went to a gun shop. I believe it was a collector's gun shop. Mike called to tell me a cute story that happened while they
Christmas morning we opened gifts at our house. In this next picture, Danielle is opening her bag of coal from us. Mike thought the bag was
We had tons of packages. I still don't know what everyone got and we were very organized or at least we started out that way. I got to see Preston open most of his gifts and Clint open a few of his gifts. I had one more picture to put on here of Jon and I opening gifts, since we sat side by side. I am so sad. I just deleted it accidentally. It has been a long blog day. Anyway, I think everyone like everything they got and then some.
Pam and Gerald went to have Christmas with Sophie and her family. We got Nate and Kristin to come for Christmas lunch and they brought some of that wonderful bread! It was really good. I almost ruined it warming it up, but not quite. Almost burned the bottom of it. We all ate and then cleaned up the dishes and by then it was almost time to head out for Moody Gardens.
We were supposed to go to Moody Gardens in Galveston on Tuesday, but we had to rearrange because of weather. Kind of funny though. We canceled on Tuesday because of rain. Decided we don't do anything on Christmas evening except for play games so we will go then. Well, as we got there the fog started rolling in and by the time we actually got to Moody Gardens to see the lights the fog was so thick we were amazed we could actually see them. Can you believe it we still had bad weather. We all had a good time anyway. I think each car load of us had a good time going down or at least we know for sure the car that Jay, Nate, Kristin and Jon were in had fun. Going and coming back. We were going to eat while in Galveston, but we decided to eat somewhere on the way home and that was a mistake. Every single place that was open had a wait of an hour or more. We ended eating at a place Nate know of as "Casa de Chisler". He jokingly said that just out of Galveston and it was the most accommodating place we came across. We ended up eating leftover or sandwiches and visiting. We had a great time.
The day after Christmas my cousins Buddy and Becky and as much of their families that could come over did. We wish Nate and Kristin had come over again, because we could have had even more people here and more fun. It was great visiting with Becky, Keith, Buddy, Luz, Sarah and Harley Man by themselves. Christmas was great!!!! We had so much family present it was great.
Well, I better end this. I asked Michelle not to update her blog till I got mine done, because so many people shame since she does her way more often. Thanks Michelle!
Debbie
Comments:
<< Home
Well, it was about time! I was getting tired of seeing your men on the roof everytime I checked to see if you had an update. Sounds like you all had a blast. We had fun too, but we all got a virus, one at a time, and so we didn't get to do as much as we had hoped. I will try to send you some pics of Owen and Leah a little later. Great post. Elaine
Yes, Mike and Jay are nice looking and all, but I was getting tired of seeing them too. :) Great post! Sounds like y'all had a wonderful Christmas; getting to have the whole family together is such a blessing.
Carolyn
Carolyn
Ohhh I bet the boys were so excited. I love the pics of Preston decorating the cookies. Too cute!
Trace
Post a Comment
Trace
<< Home

