Friday, January 09, 2009
Roaring River trip
As you can see from the few pictures that I got that came out fairly well it is beautiful there.
I better explain the pictures since they are all mixed up this time. The first picture is from left to right,
The 3rd picture is of Mike's Mom and Deborah. Next is one of the huge rainbow trout everyone would
This next one is of where the spring comes out of the ground to form the river. It is so crystal blue and totally amazing. This spring is stocked with rainbow trout daily during a certain time of the year. It was Mike's Mom's birthday right after we were there, so we kind of were celebrating her birthday too. I think we all had a good time. I know Deborah and I did cooking and doing dishes in the cabin. We learned you can chop carrots up for salad in a coffee grinder and you can also use a light that is used like a hard hat with a light attached in the kitchen for light over the sink so you can see what you are doing. If I was to have a chance to give ideas when planning cabins like this my main thing to suggest would be LIGHTS over the sink in the kitchen!!!!! It is really dark after the sun goes down. Anyway, it made for lots of laughs and I never would have thought of chopping carrots in a coffee grinder, but my sweet sister-in-law was trying to help me out. I was trying to cut carrots really small for cole slaw and she kept thinking and finally came up with that idea. It really works and the coffee grinder wasn't ruined and the coffee that was ground didn't have a carrot taste to it after that either. Amazing what you can think of when you have to.
By the way, we didn't leave Mike's parents out in the cold they take their trailer every year and go up there for a month. We even got them to come to the cabin every now and then. They were at the top of a long flight of stairs. Our cabin kind of overlooked the river. Long ways up there to our cabin.
Well, that is a short version of all of the fun we had up there. Mike and I still laugh at some of the things we did and all of the fun we had with everyone. Hope you enjoyed the pics!
Debbie
Comments:
<< Home
Debbie we really enjoyed both of your new posts. You got a beautiful picture of that trout we all wanted to catch and your Christmas pictures were great. Nonna& Papa
Great pix...that looks like a beautiful place. I haven't fished many times in my life, but when I have, I have had to have someone bait my hook AND take the fish off. I'm a big sissy!
Carolyn
Post a Comment
Carolyn
<< Home

